Cold winter weather can provide many hazards for your pet, especially outdoor friends and strays. Be a responsible pet owner this year and follow these tips from Alley Cat Allies to keep your furry friend happy and healthy through the winter season.
Some additional tips that Zooey and Baseball wanted to add:
- Make sure outdoor pets have access to fresh water and don’t allow it to ice over.
- Feed them a little extra – staying warm when it’s cold out burns more calories.
- Make some roughneck homes.
- Keep pets indoors on particularly stormy, wet, rainy, or snowy days.
- Make sure all indoor/outdoor pets are brought inside over night.
Click Here to check out even more tips on winter safety from Alley Cat Allies, and make sure your friends stay safe and warm this winter!